BenG
Returning Member

TurboTax Software Glitch ?! (Alternative Minimum Tax)

Recently, I received a second Notice of Assessment from Revenue Quebec saying I now owe $400 due to a miscalculaiton on my 2019 taxes from 2 years ago. (The original Assessment mentioned no issues) After researchign the problem, it turns out that TurboTax online automatically inputted a 'carry forward' on the Alternative Minimum Tax box. This is something I never inputted or even was asked when filling with the TurboTax Expert. Since my salary is much lower than $200,000 per year this is not something I qualify for and is why I was not prompted with the question upon filling everything out. After learning about the problem, I tried to access my old taxes and only found it using the search function as it did not appear in any other step. The box contained a random sum and it could not even be changed since it was greyed out.

So, not only did I never see this question, the TurboTax Expert also did not see it and I couldn't even change it if I wanted to. This is a clear software glitch and now I am not sure what to do.

Does anyone have any advice?

After you file

Please contact our phone support for more assistance with this issue. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us