ahalinaty

I entered my SIN incorrectly and already NETFILED; what should I do?

Hello,

I entered my SIN number INCORRECTLY and already NETFILED my return which was accepted. I usually do my own taxes but this year, my father did them, and I believe he may have entered his own SIN (I'm not certain and am still waiting confirmation; he already got his return, FYI). In any case, when I log in to my CRA My Account it says my 2017 return is not yet received because of course the SIN doesn't match my own. It says to make changes I need to wait for my notice of assessment, but will the CRA even assess my taxes if my information is attached to the wrong SIN number? Can I file again with my own SIN number and somehow void the return with the wrong SIN? I'm just unsure of how to proceed because all the info online that says to wait for your NOA doesn't address an incorrect SIN - and because that's how the government identifies if you've filed, I'm not sure if the return I filed will even get assessed - and it almost certainly won't get direct deposited in to my account. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.