New Member

How do i enter the amount for dependent children born in 1999 or later for the saskatchewan tax credit?

My exhusband claims the amount for eligible dependent federally but I've been advised by my accountant to claim the amount on my sask return.  How do I do this?


After you file

Sorry, but CRA states specifically in the guide for Saskatchewan Tax Credits;

"You cannot claim this credit if anyone made a claim for the child as an eligible dependant on  line 5816  or as a spouse or common-law partner on  line 5812" .

If your ex-spouse is making the claim for the Eligible Dependant Amount for this child, you cannot make the claim for the Amount for Dependant Children.