dforsyth

After you file

Thank you for your answer, and TonyC1's as well. Between the two, and the comments back and forth to shed light on things, I think I have a better understanding of how this is to be handled. Just to be clear about my situation, my daughter doesn't work and has no income. She is not able to be declared "disabled" and get the DTC as she is able to function in dailiy life quite fine, but is impared with a form of autism and Dr's have agreed that working in not in her immediate future unfortunately. My suport payments arise from a voluntary agreement for child support until she turned 18, afterwhich they are voluntary. I understand that any claim I might make is dependant on her mother NOT making any such claim. Problem is, I have no knowledge of exactly what claims her mother is making for her dependancy as she's feircly private with those dealings.
I've read on other boards and sites that the claim could be split between the two parties through mutual agreement, but I see know where in turbotax on how to make such a split credit claim.
In any event, thank you very much for the information.