Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CW170

Divorced, New Account, accessing my old tax info

I was divorced last year. I have been using TT for a decade and all my tax history is here, and all it entails. Now my ex has control over the TT account and I can't access my history, especially for things that carry over year-after-year like losses and deductions. How do I gain access to that data in the old account (now controlled by an uncooperative ex) for use in my new individual one?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Divorced, New Account, accessing my old tax info

TurboTax accounts cannot be split or merged.  You both should start new separate accounts since you are no longer filing joint tax returns.

If the account still has either your email or your phone number, you could contact TurboTax Support to try to get a verification code.

Do you at least have a copy or PDF of the prior year's return that you can use to rebuild the information in TurboTax? If not, you can order one from IRS.

To get a complete copy of a previously filed tax return, along with all attachments (including Form W-2), submit Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return. Refer to the form for instructions and for the processing fee. See IRS Topic 156 for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies