Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BH3333
Returning Member

Enhancement request: Updating passwords in the TT app

Hello,

I dont want to sound ungrateful for Intuit thinking about secrurity but ...OMG enough already!

This week I was forced to update my password when using TT.  Keeping in mind that I believe everyone has hundreds of logins that can only be managed with either a password manager or the browser and with the cyber criminals out there you really need to use a complicated password, its a real pain to have to retrieve login info any where except in the browser.  I'm on a Mac and sometimes there is a link to the password file that one can click but I've found that prevents TT from working.

SO my request is to not force us to update our password in the app and use the browser for logon info when ever possible.

BTW, I use hundreds of websites including those from banks, brokerages and the US government and the intuit website is **BY FAR** the messiest and most complicated to use.  What makes it worse is that there is only a short time when I use Intuit and I forget all of the tricks the next year.

Please hire someone who is new to intuit and is a web expert to make suggestions on how to streamline that big mess.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
633562sab

Enhancement request: Updating passwords in the TT app

I appreciate your sentiment.  It took me 80 hours to get through turbotax.   I wanted to review my inputs, but the bar with the documents on the left would not not let me get back to the bar saying tax tools, review, etc.  I got several help calls with people taking over the screen trying time after time the exact things I had tried.  At about hour 50 one of the helpers said, "lets see if you have to be "editing something" to get to the bar, like "home", "tax  tools", "review" It does in fact, require you to be editing something to change the options on the bar on the left, and get out of the darn bar that lists "documents" as one of top choices.  Actually I finally deduced that myself from the "mindless banging on keys" the helpers were having me do, until Seemingly accidentally I got to the right place.  

Also, I paid 277  bucks on Feb 14, and so thought my taxes were filed.  On March 4 I went to some irs website to try and track my tax return.  But, it appeared they could not find me in their data.  So I was upset because I was depending on a quick turnaround.  So I went to turbo tax and learned that paying them does not cause the returns to be filed.  After paying turbotax, you have to again use their software to file.  

Lost connections:  Many times as I was trying to make entries and was talking to "helpers", connections were lost.

I just felt drained when it was all over, and incompetent and defeated as all this went on.  My relative uses a different program, but tried to help me for 3 hours, and got disgusted too.  He is an accountant, by the way.

Manage cookies