Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New York State Partnership Returns

New York State indicates that Turbo Tax Business has not received approval for tax years 2022 and 2023. Will Turbo Tax get approval for 2023.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Reviewing the only 3 forms listed on that New York website, the only form not supported by TurboTax is the IT-370-PF Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File for Partnerships and Fiduciaries

It would be amazing to me if whomever updates that website would indicate TurboTax does not support a New York state Partnership tax return due to not supporting an Extension of Time to File. while supporting all other NY Partnership forms and schedules, to include the Form IT-204 Partnership Return and the Form IT-204-LL Limited Liability Company/Partnership Filing Fee Payment Form

View solution in original post

DoninGA Thank you so much.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Where are you seeing this?

The New York state partnership forms and schedules for tax year 2023 are available.

Go to this TurboTax website, choose TurboTax Windows from the dropdown, then 1065 Partnership and then New York - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

@jedavid TurboTax would not provide any type of tax return, form or schedule for any individual state if they did not get approval from the state for the the Schema Type and MeF requirements from the state.

Frankly, I do not think the website you posted is updated accurately for the service providers listed.

You can contact TurboTax support for assistance with this issue. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

DoninGA I had previously called the 800 number on two occasions but only got connected to TurboTax Live, that individual could only answer 1040 questions, and could not provide a way to contact someone familiar with Business (Partnership) Returns.

Reviewing the only 3 forms listed on that New York website, the only form not supported by TurboTax is the IT-370-PF Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File for Partnerships and Fiduciaries

It would be amazing to me if whomever updates that website would indicate TurboTax does not support a New York state Partnership tax return due to not supporting an Extension of Time to File. while supporting all other NY Partnership forms and schedules, to include the Form IT-204 Partnership Return and the Form IT-204-LL Limited Liability Company/Partnership Filing Fee Payment Form

DoninGA Thank you so much.

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

While the above says the NYS 204-LL is Ready for Print and Efile, when I try to prepare it in Turbo Tax and it takes me to the online program Fee payment page, it keeps saying this is not available?  The only form I'm seeing in the software itself is the 204-LL gross income worksheet.  

Anybody able to prepare this form yet?

I remember Turbo Tax having problems with this form last year and having to redo the payment in May of 2023 because the original payments weren't processed correctly by Turbo Tax.

I'm wondering if I should just print the darn form out and file it manually?  I know NYS requires Efile but it sure doesn't seem like Turbo Tax is supporting it properly.

I guess I'll give it a little more time to see if Turbo Tax gets their act together.  

Manage cookies