Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to Amend only 1 of 2 State Returns Already Filed and Turbo Tax changes data on both?

CA Form 593 has multiple technical issues.  I can correct the form manually to display the information it should contain but Turbo Tax keeps flagging these as errors when they are not. When I e-filed taxes I put in one of Turbo Taxes corrections during review and it created an error on my CA taxes, so I need to submit an amended state return for CA , but Turbo Tax technical issues are still coming up and Turbo Tax is trying to amend my Idaho taxes as well, which don't need to be amended, despite me instructing the program not to amend those taxes. It has activated a button on my ID 40 worksheet and will not turn off the amending function and keeps changing my refund total incorrectly. I can't overwrite that worksheet button.  I have used Turbo tax since 2015 and never had any problem as bad as this. I see the CA 593 has a long history of issues that have not been addressed. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Trying to Amend only 1 of 2 State Returns Already Filed and Turbo Tax changes data on both?

Hopefully you have a copy of your original returns filed. Doing a CA amendment may change other state taxes and the credits available. If you only file the CA return, it will not affect the other state that was filed. The state not filed shows the change only in your program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies