Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT is forcing me to use 1040-STT is forcing me to use 1040-SR.

TT is forcing me to use 3-page1040-SR. I don't want to use 1040-SR. How do I switch to the regular 2-page 1040 and print it so I can proofread it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The 1040SR is the same as the regular 1040 just larger type and the Standard Deduction chart is on page 4. But it has the same line numbers. You automatically get the SR if you or your spouse is 65 or older.

In the Online version it will probably show the regular 1040 on the screen but if you print it out or save the pdf it will be the 1040-SR.

If you are using the Desktop program and look at it in Forms Mode it shows the 1040 but if you print it out it will be the 1040SR. There is a way to force the one you want. You can turn off the 1040 SR and save it as the regular 1040 form. Switch to Forms Mode and open the Info Wks. Scroll down to Part II Address and Federal Filing Status. There is Print Form 1040-SR instead of Form 1040 - Yes or No.

If you really want to use the regular 1040 in the Online version, you can print your return and copy the amounts into a blank 1040 (link below) from the 1040SR.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The 1040SR is the same as the regular 1040 just larger type and the Standard Deduction chart is on page 4. But it has the same line numbers. You automatically get the SR if you or your spouse is 65 or older.

In the Online version it will probably show the regular 1040 on the screen but if you print it out or save the pdf it will be the 1040-SR.

If you are using the Desktop program and look at it in Forms Mode it shows the 1040 but if you print it out it will be the 1040SR. There is a way to force the one you want. You can turn off the 1040 SR and save it as the regular 1040 form. Switch to Forms Mode and open the Info Wks. Scroll down to Part II Address and Federal Filing Status. There is Print Form 1040-SR instead of Form 1040 - Yes or No.

If you really want to use the regular 1040 in the Online version, you can print your return and copy the amounts into a blank 1040 (link below) from the 1040SR.

Thank You Very Much!!!  It worked!  I'm printing off your instructions.  I rarely look at the Info Wks-- I just look at the 1040.

yes I know the two forms are exactly the same.  I don't want to waste paper/toner when I don't need large print to proofread.   

And I don't want Turbo Tax to force a large print form on me just because I'm now 65, without an very obvious way to choose what I want to print.   Not everyone has bad eyesight at 65.

Same for me.  I turn off the 1040 SR.  You didn't say you were using the Desktop program.  Glad I could help.

Manage cookies