Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When selecting a broker to upload Form 1099-B, TT is not letting me input the Fidelity account number

I manage the tax returns for several children and grandchildren.  Last year, I started using the upload option for Form 1099-Bs and Form 1099-DIVs.  For my TT account, I was able to select Fidelity Investments, which took me to Fidelity where I would sign in with my Fidelity user name and PW, which would take me to the tax documents for my account.  These I would select and upload.

When I am doing another family member's tax return I follow the same procedure, but it skips the login step when I get to Fidelity, and goes directly to the tax statements that were listed under my account.  Am I doing something wrong, or is there a glitch in the TurboTax software?

I also have all of the family tax statements placed in my account by Fidelity.  In this way I only had to access my account and select whatever documents for the return on which I was working.  I did not have to log in at Fidelity for each family member's Fidelity account.  This year when I logged in at Fidelity under my account, it only shows my tax documents, and none of the others.  Is this a change in programming?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Manage cookies