Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a dental hygienist I pay an annual fee for my license and insurance. Can I claim these amounts? I don't receive a T2200 as this is a requirement for my employment.

I don't see any sections in TurboTax that will let me enter this since I do not have a T2200 or T2200S.
1 Reply

As a dental hygienist I pay an annual fee for my license and insurance. Can I claim these amounts? I don't receive a T2200 as this is a requirement for my employment.

To enter your professional license fees in TurboTax Online, please do the following:

1. Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) from the top right
  2. In the Find window, type Union and then choose “Union or Professional Dues” from the list. Then click “Go”.
  3. On the Union or Professional Membership Fees screen, enter any amounts subject to sales taxes in the top area, and any amounts that are not subject to taxes in the bottom section.
  4. Click “Continue” to save your changes.

Regarding your insurance fees, you may not be able to claim them if your employer has not provided you with a T2200 saying that insurance is necessary for your job. You can contact the CRA and ask if it is possible to do so.  If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.