Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I download/transfer older versions of TurboTax w/o licence code? Some cases I have disk but no code, others, no disk, no code. Used TurboTax since 2005.

5 Replies

Can I download/transfer older versions of TurboTax w/o licence code? Some cases I have disk but no code, others, no disk, no code. Used TurboTax since 2005.

When you say transfer- do you want to install them on a new computer?

Sorry, yes install on my new PC. Don't think I can transfer software, correct?

You need to save your returns on a USB Stick and put it in your new computer. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

This is not about my tax returns. I have those on my new
PC.

It's about the TurboTax software on disk which I've purchase already from a retail supplier since 2005 and registered with Intuit every year.  I'd like to have access for the previous seven years of the software on my new PC in case I'm audited. I have installed three of the previous seven, I'm hoping Intuit can help me with the other four (I may have the CD's for possibly a couple).

Unfortunately, we only have from 2019 to the present which has a download link. 

You will click on the year - and it will start downloading. 

The returns that you completed should be there.

I hope this helps.