Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sprodrigues-shaw
Returning Member

Can I download/transfer older versions of TurboTax w/o licence code? Some cases I have disk but no code, others, no disk, no code. Used TurboTax since 2005.

6 Replies

Can I download/transfer older versions of TurboTax w/o licence code? Some cases I have disk but no code, others, no disk, no code. Used TurboTax since 2005.

If you want to install your older versions of TurboTax on a new computer, that will not be possible without the license codes.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

sprodrigues-shaw
Returning Member

Thanks a lot. Intuit knows I purchased them. I register them when I purchased.

I've already paid for them once. All I want to add is uninstall from old PC and install on new. So, for the next year,  I've got to keep my old PC for seven years (I don't have my 2016 disk nor license) in case I'm audited by CRA. 

sprodrigues-shaw
Returning Member

Very disappointed with TurboTax especially since I've been using TT since 2005.

Poor customer service.

Do you still have the old ones installed on your old computer, if so, we can assist you on how to get your license code.

sprodrigues-shaw
Returning Member

Yes they're still loaded on my old PC.

Please follow the steps below to find your license codes: 

Open your TurboTax- Go to HELP on the top of the screen. Choose "Purchase more returns" then go to "Click here to see how many returns you've used.... " Then click on Details- your license code will be below.