Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnjm

Can I retrieve and save on my computer my tt20 backup file from my 2020 online tax return now that I'm using the cd/download software for my 2021 return?

I bought the CD version instead of using the online version like usual, big mistake. This is completely broken: importing a previous return? you need a file extension that the online version doesnt provide -- how are  they are not compatible?!

I cant import my previous files yet this is 80% of the reason I continue using turbotax.

Im returning this to costco with a hard complaint at being misled by marketing: eg "With the TurboTax import program, your users can instantly import tax related data into TurboTax".

This has very much lowered my impression of Inuit, a shady company that lies to sell it product.

Pouya

Can I retrieve and save on my computer my tt20 backup file from my 2020 online tax return now that I'm using the cd/download software for my 2021 return?

This is unacceptable and a step backward from a product perspective. It would be important to understand when this is planed as part of the product roadmap, especially given it is already a feature in the US version.