Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mi-ke

Contract Employee

This was my first year in business. I work as a clinical counsellor for a non-profit organization. I'm a contracted employee, they do not take any deductions off my cheques, and they provide all the means to do my work (space, tools, client referrals, etc). I carry my own liabilities and pay my own professional licensing fees. When I enter my information on the T2125 form, am I putting my home address as my place of business and using deductions associated with my home, or do I put the place where I do therapy which would have no associated costs to business?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Contract Employee

Hi

You would put your home address as the business address.  The clinic where you are contracted, is their place of business.

If you use part of your home for business use, you may claim the costs, but ensure you adjust based on the amount of time you actually work from home.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Contract Employee

Hi

You would put your home address as the business address.  The clinic where you are contracted, is their place of business.

If you use part of your home for business use, you may claim the costs, but ensure you adjust based on the amount of time you actually work from home.