Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid 19 repayments. Filling tax using easy steps method, where do I enter the amount contained in box 201 of 2021 T4A slip?

About the previous question: No matter where I place the amount I keep getting an error message that the covid-19 total can not be negative. how do I solve this issue please?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Covid 19 repayments. Filling tax using easy steps method, where do I enter the amount contained in box 201 of 2021 T4A slip?

If you are using a TurboTax Online product, please follow the steps below to enter the amount of box 201 from the T4A slips.

• Sign in to your return
  • Go to the Find icon (magnifying glass) at the top right corner to enter T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and then click Go
  • Then you will be directed to a new page (T4A summary), click on Enter new T4A for the Client`s name, if you have not entered your T4A yet.
  • On the Next Page (Client`s name: T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income), here scroll down to the last section (COVID Related Benefits). 
  • In this section you will see two 201 boxes. one is for provincial Covid repayment and another one is for federal Covid repayment. 
  • After mentioning the amounts in Box 201, click Done with T4A to save your work

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are using a TurboTax Online product, please follow the steps below to enter the amount of box 201 from the T4A slips.

• Sign in to your return
  • Go to the Find icon (magnifying glass) at the top right corner to enter T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and then click Go
  • Then you will be directed to a new page (T4A summary), click on Enter new T4A for the Client`s name, if you have not entered your T4A yet.
  • On the Next Page (Client`s name: T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income), here scroll down to the last section (COVID Related Benefits). 
  • In this section you will see two 201 boxes. one is for provincial Covid repayment and another one is for federal Covid repayment. 
  • After mentioning the amounts in Box 201, click Done with T4A to save your work

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.