Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nick-dub

Have a T4A(P) for death benefit for my father made out to the Estate of can my mother claim this on her tax return as she paid the funeral costs or on the estate return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Have a T4A(P) for death benefit for my father made out to the Estate of can my mother claim this on her tax return as she paid the funeral costs or on the estate return?

Yes, mom can claim this on her tax return. I. Either mom or an adult child can claim the income. Or the trust can claim it. If there is nothing else on the trust return, it can be avoided by added the CPP death benefit to mom's return.(Trust returns are expensive)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, mom can claim this on her tax return. I. Either mom or an adult child can claim the income. Or the trust can claim it. If there is nothing else on the trust return, it can be avoided by added the CPP death benefit to mom's return.(Trust returns are expensive)