Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. I live in ON but work in QC. Last year (2022), I only filed my ON taxes so i did not get my 2022 QC tax returns. can i add another T4 slip with Box E from RL1 2022

2 Replies

Hello. I live in ON but work in QC. Last year (2022), I only filed my ON taxes so i did not get my 2022 QC tax returns. can i add another T4 slip with Box E from RL1 2022

Hi,

As I understand in Tax Year 2023, you are a resident of Ontario while working in QC. In Tax Year, 2022, you only filed in ON and therefore, you don't have a 2022 QC return.

In tax year 2023, you will not be able to use RL1 2022. 

In tax year 2022, you would have to file an amended return to include the missing QC information.

Hope that helps!

Marie-Noel
Returning Member

Hi, 

You mentioned that you already filled the 2022 tax return in Ontario last year because you lived in Ontario.  The RL-1 box E for 2022 year needs to be reported in 2022 and not in 2023. Here are different options for you on how to change your return 2022: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/change...

For 2023, here is where you can enter the RL-1 box E.

1- On the navigator, click on the T-Slips/T-Slip Summary

2- On the page "Income Slips" you are going to reach, select this line " I worked in Quebec and received a Relevé 1 slip" and click continue on this page.

3- You need to enter your T4 or modify it if this was already created and reach the bottom of the T4 page. The box to enter the RL-1 box E associated with your T4 is going to be available.

2024-04-30_10-56-19.jpg