Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfo

Install error....does not exist in this directory. Please make sure you are running this install from the location where ProFile is installed. WHAT?????

3 Replies

Install error....does not exist in this directory. Please make sure you are running this install from the location where ProFile is installed. WHAT?????

Hello,

please contact our support at 1-866-438-8020 for further assistance with your installation.

I am also getting the same error message.  The filename also has a strange name:  TurboTax2018_Build2003.exe   Surely the installation file can a spot to download to!

So I got an answer. They say I am trying to download the wrong file. I guess I was "mistakenly" using the link they sent me in an email... when they intended another link.  So I tried their new download link. It doesn't exist. It has already been removed. This looks like smoke and mirrors to cover up a massive failure.