Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I purchased and downloaded Turbo tax for 2020... installed the software but when I go to run it, it just hangs... uninstall and install once.

4 Replies

Hi, I purchased and downloaded Turbo tax for 2020... installed the software but when I go to run it, it just hangs... uninstall and install once.

Are you running it as the Administrator?

Yes I uninstalled it and installed it under admin and still hangs. 

Does it download and install properly after you enter your license code?

Yes I did run as admin. 
thanks everyone for you replies eventually got hold of support. We did several things. 
norton virus scanner had to be uninstalled. Adobe reader had to be installed. And had to wait like good 5 mins for ‘activation’ code screen to appear after install and pressing launch turbo tax button.