Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TO_Nep

Hi there, I need to start a return for my two teenage kids. They have never have filed before. How do I start these returns within TurboTax?

Currently, my wife and I file using the Self-Employed version of TurboTax.
4 Replies

Hi there, I need to start a return for my two teenage kids. They have never have filed before. How do I start these returns within TurboTax?

Hi,

You can create new returns from the Return Manager using the same account. 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3288128

TO_Nep

Thanks for the reply.  When I start a new return as described, will it delete the return with my wife and my own info?

No, it will just create a new "file" in the Return Manager. I've edited my answer above to show a screenshot of how the Return Manager will look like with additional files.

If you're concerned about your and your wife's return, you can also create a separate account specifically for your kids. But it's easier to manage everything in one account (username, password...).
TO_Nep

Awesome! Thanks for the quick help.