Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwerb

How do i enter my spouse's t4 or other information? I am only given fields for my information

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i enter my spouse's t4 or other information? I am only given fields for my information

If you identify yourself as Married or Common Law, Turbotax offers two approaches to preparing your returns;  These are either jointly with your partner, or separately ( with certain mandatory spousal details being required).
Either way, you will pay for and file Two Individual returns.

It would seem you have opted for separate preparation. You can continue with it, then start a new return for your wife.  

Or you can start a new return from scratch, but this time opt for joint preparation as you enter the introduction.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you identify yourself as Married or Common Law, Turbotax offers two approaches to preparing your returns;  These are either jointly with your partner, or separately ( with certain mandatory spousal details being required).
Either way, you will pay for and file Two Individual returns.

It would seem you have opted for separate preparation. You can continue with it, then start a new return for your wife.  

Or you can start a new return from scratch, but this time opt for joint preparation as you enter the introduction.