Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change a line number error on a T4 that has been uploaded from the CRA?

Line 26 (CPP/QPP pensionable earnings) on the T4 provided by my employer is several thousands of dollars different than that uploaded through the CRA website for TurboTax purposes.
1 Reply
Ques_Solver
Returning Member

How do you change a line number error on a T4 that has been uploaded from the CRA?

You can contact your employer to verify the correct amount for line 26 (CPP/QPP pensionable earnings) on your T4. There may have been an error in the initial submission or a correction you haven't received. You can log in to your CRA My Account to view the T4 information the CRA has on file. Compare it with the T4 you received from your employer. If there is a discrepancy, ask your employer if they have submitted an amended T4 to the CRA. If so, download the corrected T4 from your CRA My Account.
Even you can manually edit the T4 by following below-mentioned steps:

In online editions of TurboTax

1. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find (magnifying glass)*.

2. In the Find window, type in “T4” and select “T4 Employment Income”. Click the “Go” button.

3. Click “Enter the new or changed amount in the related BOX”.

In CD/download editions of TurboTax

1. On the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find (magnifying glass)*.

In the Find window, type in “T4” and select “T4 Employment Income”. Click the “Go” button.

3. On the Entering your federal T-slips step, make sure T4 is checked off and select Continue.

4. Here you’ll either see the T4 entry screen, or if you already have a T4 entered, the T4 summary page. Click on “Edit T4” if you are on the Summary page and make your desired changes.

If the error persists then you need to submit an adjustment request to the CRA after you receive NOA (Notice of Assessment). For this, use Form T1-ADJ to request an adjustment to your T4 information. Include any documentation that supports the correct amounts.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.