Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owkhalag

I am a Canadian citizen living in Ontario and working in the USA. What is the best way to file my taxes from the USA and Canadian income? I am supposed to receive T4 and

3 Replies

I am a Canadian citizen living in Ontario and working in the USA. What is the best way to file my taxes from the USA and Canadian income? I am supposed to receive T4 and

As a Canadian citizen, you are required to pay tax on your income from all sources worldwide, regardless of its origin. Therefore, you must report all domestic and foreign income on your tax return. However, under the Canada/US tax treaty, you will receive a foreign tax credit, which means that you won't be taxed twice.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

owkhalag

Thanks for the reply. Is there a tax credit form in turbotax ? How can I add it ? 

Go to the top right and click on "FInd" type in foreign tax credit and click on Go.