Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am attempting to file- unsure on how to fill out the disability transfer amount from my son. 0 income (he is 8), 1436 claimed for childcare expenses (by me).

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am attempting to file- unsure on how to fill out the disability transfer amount from my son. 0 income (he is 8), 1436 claimed for childcare expenses (by me).

Under the "Deductions" tab > "Claims for Dependents" > "Disability Amounts Transfer" then click "Enter credit info". Check the box "Disability amount transfer" and continue. Answer yes in the drop down box and provide the amount of childcare claimed by you in the first open data field. The next three entries will be zero, and continue.

You can confirm the transfer amount under "Deductions" > "Deductions Summary", "Other amounts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Under the "Deductions" tab > "Claims for Dependents" > "Disability Amounts Transfer" then click "Enter credit info". Check the box "Disability amount transfer" and continue. Answer yes in the drop down box and provide the amount of childcare claimed by you in the first open data field. The next three entries will be zero, and continue.

You can confirm the transfer amount under "Deductions" > "Deductions Summary", "Other amounts.