Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
be77yboop
Returning Member

I am doing a couple tax return and on the left side of the page of website it says start a new return and when I look at the middle is say create which one do I pick?

When doing a couples tax return which button do I push.  "start a new return or create a different return?
2 Replies

I am doing a couple tax return and on the left side of the page of website it says start a new return and when I look at the middle is say create which one do I pick?

You have to click on "Start a new return" to file a couple return. Here are the steps to file the couple tax return:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account
  2. Select Start a new return
  3. Select the TurboTax Online product you wish to use, and indicate how you did your taxes last year
  4. On the Welcome step, select My spouse/partner and me under the question Who are you preparing this return for?
  5. Follow the prompts to enter your personal information. On the What's your marital status? step, select Married or Living Common-law
  6. At Do you want to prepare your returns together?, select Yes
  7. Select Continue and proceed with completing your returns.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

be77yboop
Returning Member

yes thank you very much honey200  your answer was very helpful.  I was trying to do this myself but, it is nice to know there are people I can ask that have the knowledge to complete the tax form that I can rely on.

So thanks so very much I was able to finish doing our taxes with your assistance (in answering that question).