Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahsa-hb

I got scholarship for tuition fee, and I've T4A for it, and I also have T2202 but I am not sure where must I put the information of T2202,onT4A or T2202 slip?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I got scholarship for tuition fee, and I've T4A for it, and I also have T2202 but I am not sure where must I put the information of T2202,onT4A or T2202 slip?

Hey there!

If the Scholarship you got is shown on box 105 of T4A, then it's often Non-taxable.

However, this rule applies when the grant s directly related to your program. 

Follow the link for more information

Scholarship 

Thank you!!

Have a good day.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there!

If the Scholarship you got is shown on box 105 of T4A, then it's often Non-taxable.

However, this rule applies when the grant s directly related to your program. 

Follow the link for more information

Scholarship 

Thank you!!

Have a good day.

mahsa-hb

CRA automatically added T4A slip for my scholarship, and the amount is written in box 105 as other scholarships, grants, awards etc: taxable – eligible for $500 exemption.

In addition, I am part time student, do I need to submit my tuition fees as a T2202? or it is enough to enter in box 105 as Part-time scholarship: also have T2202 with months in Box 24 on T4A?

Thanks