Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a T4A for contract work I did in 2021. The amount I was paid is in box 048 (fees for service) on the slip from the company. Turbotax has two 048 boxes, which one?

The two 048 boxes on TurboTax's T4A form are titles Business Fees and Professional Fees
2 Replies

I have a T4A for contract work I did in 2021. The amount I was paid is in box 048 (fees for service) on the slip from the company. Turbotax has two 048 boxes, which one?

For tax purposes, “Professional” refers to someone who has work-in-progress and charges fees instead of having sales and inventory. A “Professional” usually is licensed by some type of organization, for example, accountants, doctors, lawyers, etc… If this applies to use, then you can enter your amount as Professional Fees. If not, you can put it under Business Fees.

For more information about the T4A slip, please see our TurboTax article: Your Complete Guide to the T4A Tax Slip 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you for clarifying ! I put it under professional fees.