Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heidip

I have entered pension $ in box 20 on T4 Shows up on lines 207&208 of summary (Rpp and Prpp deduction) for same amount is this right? If not- how do I know which one?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have entered pension $ in box 20 on T4 Shows up on lines 207&208 of summary (Rpp and Prpp deduction) for same amount is this right? If not- how do I know which one?

The amount in Box 20 (RPP contributions) of your T4 slip will only be shown in Box 207 of your income tax return and not in Box 208.  Box 208 will show amounts contributed to an RRSP or a PRPP.  You may have inadvertently entered the same amount shown in Box 20 again as an RRSP contribution in the RRSP section and as a result, ended up making a double claim for the amount shown in Box 20.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The amount in Box 20 (RPP contributions) of your T4 slip will only be shown in Box 207 of your income tax return and not in Box 208.  Box 208 will show amounts contributed to an RRSP or a PRPP.  You may have inadvertently entered the same amount shown in Box 20 again as an RRSP contribution in the RRSP section and as a result, ended up making a double claim for the amount shown in Box 20.

heidip

Thank you for your reply