Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert25

I'm self-employed and pay an ISP (web host) monthly for server hardware they give me access to which I need to work. Can I deduct the full cost of this monthly payment?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm self-employed and pay an ISP (web host) monthly for server hardware they give me access to which I need to work. Can I deduct the full cost of this monthly payment?

If you paid a web host to use for work then it would be a business expense for you. You would put the amount in under other expenses  line 9270  which you can also write beside the other expenses the nature of your expenses.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you paid a web host to use for work then it would be a business expense for you. You would put the amount in under other expenses  line 9270  which you can also write beside the other expenses the nature of your expenses.

awleung09

Does anyone know how to do the same on TurboTaxOnline Self Employed 2022? You are not able to enter a description for 9270 ("Other Expenses") on the T2125 anymore. In fact, when I look at the preview of the CRA files before filing, TurboTaxOnline is using the description I input from 2021 which to me is a software bug.