Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brink123

I used turbo tax online last year (2022) and then purchased the 2023 software to load on my computer. However, I can't find a way of bring the 2022 data into my return?

1 Reply
Moussi2

I used turbo tax online last year (2022) and then purchased the 2023 software to load on my computer. However, I can't find a way of bring the 2022 data into my return?

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer your data from a return submitted last year via TurboTax Online to the CD/Download version this year, as the CD version uses files with the .tt22 extension. Data for returns submitted online are saved in a cloud database that does not have the same extension. 

However, by logging into your My CRA Account and/or My Revenu Québec Account, you will be able to retrieve a copy of last year's return, which you can then use to manually fill in the information required for your current year's return.

However, it is possible to transfer data from the downloaded software to the online software.

Here are the steps: How do I transfer last year's tax information to TurboTax Online from TurboTax CD/Download?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.