Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been told that the accepted CRA standard for per diems is $51 per day. Can I claim the difference between $51 and my paid per diems? No receipts. Transport employee

I have a T2200 stating the amount of per diem received.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I've been told that the accepted CRA standard for per diems is $51 per day. Can I claim the difference between $51 and my paid per diems? No receipts. Transport employee

You would claim meals based on the simplified method of $51.00 per day and then enter the allowance (non-taxable) as a reimbursement you receive from the employer to calculate your net deduction.

If your travel is in the US then gross up the meal cost per day by the Bank of Canada US dollar conversion factor of 1.3248.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You would claim meals based on the simplified method of $51.00 per day and then enter the allowance (non-taxable) as a reimbursement you receive from the employer to calculate your net deduction.

If your travel is in the US then gross up the meal cost per day by the Bank of Canada US dollar conversion factor of 1.3248.

Where can I find more information on the simplified method? In particular I'm interested in eligibility