Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I worked in NS but live in QC. My employer did not deduct any additional taxes for Quebec. How/Do I skip the Releve 1 Box A form when inputting my T4?

1 Reply

I worked in NS but live in QC. My employer did not deduct any additional taxes for Quebec. How/Do I skip the Releve 1 Box A form when inputting my T4?

You will enter  your T4 then click on save T4 and Skip RELEVE 1.

• Even though you are a resident of Québec, in some situations (when your employer does not have a permanent office in Québec), you will only receive a T4 to report your employment income and no Relevé 1.
  • In this case, enter all the information in the T4 step, including the province of employment (box 10) and the employer’s name. When you are done, click on Save T4 & Skip Relevé 1.
  • On the summary page, even if you see an amount in the Relevé 1 Box A column, you do not need to go into the Relevé 1 and remove this amount. This is the way the amount is reported, because even if you did not receive a Relevé 1, you must pay taxes on the Québec tax return for this employment income. This is just a way to show you that this employment income will also be included on the Québec tax return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.