Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kibamal

In 2021, where do I enter the departure date which I left and became non-resident?

According to my search, there is supposed to be a section to enter the date which I left Canada in the Introduction>Contact Info section. I filled out my "Country of Residence on December 31, 2021", and selected "I was non-resident of Canada" for Residency Status.  There is nowhere else to enter in this date.

CRA says that the date is on the T1. I am looking at the "T1 General" form in TurboTax and under "Residence Information", there is nowhere that has a departure date field.

2 Replies

In 2021, where do I enter the departure date which I left and became non-resident?

To enter your departure date on TurboTax CD/Download:

1. Open your TurboTax return.
  2. Select Find and enter residency into the search field.
  3. Select either of the Canadian residency options from the search results and then select Go.
  4. On the Information step, scroll to Did your Canadian residency change? and answer Yes.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the date that applies to you.

For more information, please see our TurboTax FAQ:

My residency status changed. Where in TurboTax do ... (intuit.ca)

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

questionsforever
Returning Member

There is no residency field in the forms search for turbotax 2023! How am I supposed to enter the data on the T1 that reads, 'if you ceased to be a resident of Canada in 2023, enter your date of departure' It says mm/dd but there is no field to enter anything!!