Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jecanada

Is the total proceeds of disposition of my principal residence = Sale price - Adjusted cost base - sales expenses?. Turbo tax gives little information about it

I sold my principal residence, and It is not clear what information goes into the total proceeds of disposition in turbo tax.
2 Replies

Is the total proceeds of disposition of my principal residence = Sale price - Adjusted cost base - sales expenses?. Turbo tax gives little information about it

The amount you received for the property after it was sold is known as the proceeds of disposition. 
Also, please see Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) webpage for more information on terms associated with capital gains: Definitions for capital gains
For more information, please see our TurboTax article. Proceeds of Disposition
Thank you for choosing TurboTax.
jecanada

Thank you @Tweetynae25 

I read the article and look for the information on Canada revenue but it nos not specific to when you sell your principal residence. I don't want to assume something, Usually, the CRA provides examples. Or even your guides for each specific screen in your program. But this is not the case. Do you have an article about the sale of a principal residence?