Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keven497

My Releve 1 Box 1 differs from My T4 box 14 since releve 1 includes private health insurance. I can't file because the amount doesn't match; how can I fix this?

When I entered my releve 1 and T4 the income differs, which creates an error, therefore I cannot Efile my tax return.
Box A minus Box J from releve 1 equals Box 14 from the T4. 

How can I resolve this issue?
3 Replies

My Releve 1 Box 1 differs from My T4 box 14 since releve 1 includes private health insurance. I can't file because the amount doesn't match; how can I fix this?

Hi Keven497,

I'm really sorry to hear that.

You are correct that the RL-1 Box A is often different from Box 14 of the T4. However, you should be able to file your federal and provincial income taxes.

Could you kindly let me know what error you are seeing? 

Kosttas

I realized that J + 14 = A.

But turbo tax says it's an Error if A is not the same value as 14.

I don't know what to put or how to fix it, once the 14 is from the T4 and A value from RL-1

Please contact our phone support team for assistance as they can view your screen and verify the issue.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.