Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan M1
Returning Member

My TurboTax doesn't allow me to enter an amount for digital news subscription credit.

Downloaded update this morning, did not resolve the issue. Still can not enter value for digital subscription. And complete radio silence from Turbo Tax. And there is no email or phone that we can reach them at, keep giving me the US contacts. Perhaps I will send them a bill for the tax amount I will be missing out on., $62. Worse customer service I have seen in a while.

maverdiel
Returning Member

My TurboTax doesn't allow me to enter an amount for digital news subscription credit.

What version are you using? No update was available whan I logged in about 10:30 MDT.

Jan M1
Returning Member

Desktop Basic version. Version 00.01.61 Build 6010 068G22.

Jan M1
Returning Member

Finally got a phone number for help and problem solved. You have to open the T1 General form by going into Form view, once opened you have to increase the text size to be able to enter an amount. In the Easy Step increase the text size does not increase the text of the form, just the EasyStep instructions. Than You to Melissa at the Turbo Tax help desk.

Re: My TurboTax doesn't allow me to enter an amount for digital news subscription credit.

Where do I enter the amount of the digital news subscription?

Turbotax online

I don't know where to enter it.

I figured it out.  If you have partly finished a tax return and then find there is more more information to enter, you have to go all the way back to the interview/questionaire part and find the place where you answer (with a tick)  that you want to claim the digital news subscription credit, (or add any other info).

larabieg

I have the same problem as above  regarding the news subscription.  I cannot enter the amount. I am using turbo tax download.  Nothing happens when I trey to enter the amount