Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net self-employment income in Income summary...showing a minus $76.00.. I have not entered anything in self-selfemployment ...Suggestions?

2 Replies

Net self-employment income in Income summary...showing a minus $76.00.. I have not entered anything in self-selfemployment ...Suggestions?

It sounds like a capital expense that is carrying forward. You can test this by going to the "Income" tab and clicking on "Self-employed". You can delete it from the summary page if it no longer applies. 

Marse

On the Turbo Tax  Income Summary there is a line titled "Self Employment Income" and on the Detailed Tax Summary line 135 is for Business Income.  The explanation given by Turbo Tax (when one clicks line 135) is that line 135 is for Business Income from Self Employment.  This appears to be misleading or not entirely correct.  I discovered that foreign business income (box 24 of a T3..Trust Income) seems to end up appearing on the Income Summary as self employment income and then on line 135.