Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russell3

How do you enter partner T4A commission income to submit the partnership income?

My wife and I are both commissioned salespeople (Realtors) and have a 50/50 partnership. For the first time, our brokerage has provided each of us with T4A stating our individual self-employed commission incomes in box 20 which are different amounts for each of us. The issue now is that if we enter the box 20 income from the T4A into the T4A T slips form we are unable to state the combined partnership income in form T2125, Statement of Business and Professional Activities, as I have in the previous years. Is there a way to combine our T4A statements to show the partnership income or should we not enter the T4A data on the T4 slip and just enter the partnership income on the Gross Sales, Commissions and Fees line of the T2125 form as we have in the past? Thank you.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxHelp5

How do you enter partner T4A commission income to submit the partnership income?

If there was no tax deducted from the T4A slip then you can select not to enter the T4A in to the program and instead just enter the business income directly on the business statement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hdundas

Sorry... first time doing a 50/50 partnership with my spouse. Is it correct that I create a T2125 for each of us - using the same information and then the software will divide it in half for each of us?
TaxHelp5

If there was no tax deducted from the T4A slip then you can select not to enter the T4A in to the program and instead just enter the business income directly on the business statement.

no lump sum