Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nklingon

On the QC return, a credit is given to me on line 201 as a 'worker' but I am not entitled to it. I have a T4A and RL1 with only taxable benefits. (I am retired.) Help!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

On the QC return, a credit is given to me on line 201 as a 'worker' but I am not entitled to it. I have a T4A and RL1 with only taxable benefits. (I am retired.) Help!

Enter the information from your RL1 box 211.  This will ensure that the amount is treated as "previous employment", rather than "regular employment" income.

See the link below from RQ to learn more:

201 â€“ DEDUCTION FOR WORKERS

https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/income-tax-return/completing-your-income-tax-return/completi...

Next year, you may  want to contact your former employer and ensure they enter in that amount correctly on a Tslip for tax purposes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nklingon

Turbotax advice addresses the situation for T4/RL1 but not T4A/RL1 combination.

Enter the information from your RL1 box 211.  This will ensure that the amount is treated as "previous employment", rather than "regular employment" income.

See the link below from RQ to learn more:

201 â€“ DEDUCTION FOR WORKERS

https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/income-tax-return/completing-your-income-tax-return/completi...

Next year, you may  want to contact your former employer and ensure they enter in that amount correctly on a Tslip for tax purposes.