Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayeh27

I filed taxes with Turbotax online for 2019 tax year. I want to load my personal information from 2019 to do our 2021 taxes. How can I do that?

For 2020 an accountant filed for me
1 Reply

I filed taxes with Turbotax online for 2019 tax year. I want to load my personal information from 2019 to do our 2021 taxes. How can I do that?

If you used TurboTax for your prior year taxes, you are able to transfer your information for next year tax return.

Transfer from a prior year is done at the start of a new return. If you’ve already started a TurboTax Online return, you can still transfer your information by starting a new one.

Here’s how to transfer information from your prior tax return in TurboTax Online:

1. Visit the TurboTax website
  2. Enter your credentials (the same as you used last year) and select Sign In
  3. On the Great to see you again! screen, select Start a new return from the menu
  4. Choose your preferred TurboTax Online product
  5. On the How did you do your taxes last year? screen, select TurboTax Online, then Continue
  6. On the Hello again! We're so glad you're back screen, select Yes, then Continue
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed through the file transfer process

For more information please refer to our TurboTax FAQ: how do I transfer my information from my previous year's tax return?

Thank You for choosing TurboTax.