Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsxmarco
Returning Member

Is it okay if i changed my address and i’m gonna do my tax return with different address

1 Reply

Is it okay if i changed my address and i’m gonna do my tax return with different address

If your mailing address is changed but you have not updated in CRA. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requests notice of a change of address as soon as possible. You can update your information online using the CRA’s My Account service, or by calling the CRA. The Agency also accepts address changes by mail. To change your address by mail complete and sign Form RC325, or send a letter to your local tax center. Include your social insurance number, new address, and date of move, and be sure to sign the letter.

If you already did everything to change your address, you can follow the steps below to edit/enter the address in TurboTax online:

1. Click My Info in the menu on the left side of your screen.
  2. Scroll down to the Mailing Address section and click Edit.  
  3. Enter or change your address on the next screen, Enter your current mailing address.

For more information please refer to our TurboTax link: Notifying Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) of a Change of Address

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.