Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netfile Error: Specify the employment income you want to claim employment expenses on. I have answered “Yes” to the question “Will you claim…” on my T4.

Netfile Error: Specify the employment income you want to claim employment expenses on for working at home due to COVID-19.
I have answered “Yes” to the question “Will you claim employment expenses…” at the bottom of the page of my T4, but I keep getting this error at the time of submission.
5 Replies

Netfile Error: Specify the employment income you want to claim employment expenses on. I have answered “Yes” to the question “Will you claim…” on my T4.

I keep getting the same thing! Sat on the phone with help for an hour yesterday and it is still not resolved. Hopefully someone can help us out here!

I have the exact same problem.  My husband was able to file answering the same question but i cannot file.  So irritating.  If anyone had same problem and was able to figure it  out,  please let me know!!  I even deleted and re-entered all my info and it still came up with same error.

Found the error.   There is an amount in the “detailed method” that is showing up in errror. So click on detailed method in the employment expenses page.  Then scroll down to the box that says employment use.  It will say 100.  Erase that. Then save and your error is gone.  

Found the error.   There is an amount in the “detailed method” that is showing up in errror. So click on detailed method in the employment expenses page.  Then scroll down to the box that says employment use.  It will say 100.  Erase that. Then save and your error is gone.  

Excellent. 

On the right hand side

Income > Employment Expenses > Yes > I didn't receive either from my employer > Yes > Yes > Continue

Select Detailed method

Then set Do you have all supporting documents to Yes

Scroll down and set all fields to $0

Then set Do you have all supporting documents to No

Continue

Thanks, @beanerlouise