Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I opt for the online e-mail notification option through CRA account. I am a new tax filer.

1 Reply

Should I opt for the online e-mail notification option through CRA account. I am a new tax filer.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has an online mail service for individuals. This service is quick, easy, and secure. It lets individuals receive their notices of assessment and reassessment online, instead of waiting for a paper version to come through the mail. Here are some pros of registering for CRA online mail:
  • Paperless—viewing your correspondence online means less paper clutter around the house. The CRA even sends you an email notification when there is new mail in your secure online account, so you won't miss a thing.
  • Convenient—you can view your notice of assessment anytime, anywhere, and you can print it off whenever you need it! No more searching for the paper copy or having to call the CRA to request a copy.
  • Secure—the CRA takes the protection of Canadians' tax information very seriously. The CRA uses the same high levels of security that financial institutions use to protect your banking information.

For more information, check these links:

Get your mail online—instead of in your mailbox! 

Email notifications from the CRA – Individuals