Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sched3 SUPP. acceptable to just enter my single number result from a huge Quicken capital gains report with "details available upon request"? Comment text entered where?

Do I need to input number of shares traded? I am keeping my detailed Capital Gains report in case they ask.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sched3 SUPP. acceptable to just enter my single number result from a huge Quicken capital gains report with "details available upon request"? Comment text entered where?

As long as you add the total proceeds and total cost amounts separately in the indicated fields, you can enter the one line summary.  It may be a good idea to enter "From summary" in the field labeled, "Corporation name and share class or name of issuer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

As long as you add the total proceeds and total cost amounts separately in the indicated fields, you can enter the one line summary.  It may be a good idea to enter "From summary" in the field labeled, "Corporation name and share class or name of issuer"