Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL6

Schedule 5 caregiver deduction not applied. Trying to input my taxes from 2015 ( originally done on TurboTax). Hard copy show amount on line 5110 but not on line. Why?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Schedule 5 caregiver deduction not applied. Trying to input my taxes from 2015 ( originally done on TurboTax). Hard copy show amount on line 5110 but not on line. Why?

Field code 5110 relates to the claim for "Eligible Dependent" at line number 305 on Schedule 1.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Field code 5110 relates to the claim for "Eligible Dependent" at line number 305 on Schedule 1.

JL6

Thanks for reply. Question was not clear enough. line 5110 should show $2093 and it is not why? Where is source?  Thank you

Do you have an eligible dependent to claim the Family Caregiver Amount described as follows:
If you have a dependant with an impairment in physical or mental functions, you may be eligible to claim an amount on line 367 or an additional $2,121 for one or more of the following amounts (Schedule 1, Federal Tax):
•spouse or common-law partner amount (line 303);
•amount for an eligible dependant (line 305); and
•caregiver amount (line 315).
I am wondering if the figure appearing in 2015 was simply a default number displayed in the calculation but not on the appropriate line of the tax return and Schedule 1.
JL6

Thank you for your response - much appreciated