Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hafid

Should I fill out T2125 form separately or there is an option to fill it within turbotax online? I'm trying to do my income tax for my Uber Eats income - thanks!

1 Reply

Should I fill out T2125 form separately or there is an option to fill it within turbotax online? I'm trying to do my income tax for my Uber Eats income - thanks!

When working for a food delivery service like UberEats, Skip the Dishes, or DoorDash, you’re considered self-employed. This means that in addition to filing your usual T-slips (if you receive any income elsewhere as an employee), you must report your self-employment income on Form 2125. You’ll claim your gross income from the business (including tips), deduct any expenses to calculate the net business income, and report the GST/HST paid. 

You can follow the steps below if you are using TurboTax Online

Be sure to accurately fill out all your personal information and build your tax profile in TurboTax before starting the process below. 

1. From the menu, select Find (the magnifying glass icon) 
  2. Enter self-employment in the search bar
  3. Select Self-Employment from the list, then Go
  4. Select Yes, then Continue
  5. Select Business, then Continue
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the applicable information and proceed through your return
  7. You’ll arrive at Your Self-Employment or Business Summary. Review your information, then select Done With Businesses
  8. You’ve now claimed your self-employment income and expenses

For more detailed information, please review the link below from TurboTax Canada. 

Ride-share drivers: Tax Information Centre

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.