Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaxingQuestion
Returning Member

T2125 in Which Version of TurboTax 2020?

Hi,

I have a job but am also in a general partnership (not limited or incorporated) with someone for a small business. We need to fill in our T2125, but I cannot get information on which version of TurboTax 2020 contains this form. I called TurboTax, but they seemed to be unsure/could not transfer me to anyone with more knowledge, and hung up on me mid-sentence when I was asking a follow-up question. We will be filing losses, and I know we file general partnership information as part of our individual taxes. This should therefore be included in basic or standard version of TurboTax correct?

Also, if anyone knows, does a general partnership of 2 people need to file a T5013? We are have losses this first year, and are not registered for GST. 

Thank you very, much for your help!

1 Reply
TaxingQuestion
Returning Member

T2125 in Which Version of TurboTax 2020?

Since nobody seemed to know, I figured it out myself. The T2125 was available in the standard download version (not the online version). The woman who hung up on me clearly had no idea what she was talking about, or was trying to upsell me as she said it was not available in any of the standard versions. The online version also does not contain this form despite it being a standard free form provided by the government. Standard online is not the same as standard download, which is ridiculous. You should be able to see the forms view with the online version, and it makes no sense to not have it available. Also, the people on the support lines need to be trained better. Being short with me WHEN SHE WAS CLEARLY IN THE WRONG is unacceptable. I wasnt asking for tax advice, just looking for which forms are in which versions, which is something she should know. Absurd.