Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EGJune
Returning Member

T4E (Canada)

Hi all,

I just received my t4e, I applied EI through My Service Canada (MSCA) and unfortunately the online features are temporarily unavailable so I can't check fully.  I gave back the benefits (in full) because I thought I was eligible at that time. In Box 14 (total benefits paid), I received $3k. And in my box 26 (overpayment recovered or paid), I got a $2k displayed. I definitely paid the benefit in full ($3k). So, obviously, $3k should be displayed in Box 26, not $2k. 

See this:

• Box 26 – Overpayment Recovered or Repaid: If you were overpaid EI benefits and had to repay them, the amount you repaid is shown here and included in Box 30.

Is there a good reason why in Box 26 the amount displayed is not what the amount I paid?

Thanks

EG

1 Reply

T4E (Canada)

@EGJune wrote:

Hi all,

I just received my t4e, I applied EI through My Service Canada (MSCA) and unfortunately the online features are temporarily unavailable so I can't check fully.  I gave back the benefits (in full) because I thought I was eligible at that time. In Box 14 (total benefits paid), I received $3k. And in my box 26 (overpayment recovered or paid), I got a $2k displayed. I definitely paid the benefit in full ($3k). So, obviously, $3k should be displayed in Box 26, not $2k. 

See this:

canada post tracking

• Box 26 – Overpayment Recovered or Repaid: If you were overpaid EI benefits and had to repay them, the amount you repaid is shown here and included in Box 30.

Is there a good reason why in Box 26 the amount displayed is not what the amount I paid?

Thanks

EG

i had similar thing happend in dispay of such amount instead of paid...