Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own 100% of my Soulshine Foods home business and the system is splitting the income with my husband. Why? How can I make it so that the income isn't split?

I own my Soulshine Foods home business 100% and it is registered with the Province solely under my name. When entering my business information for tax purposes, it split the income with my husband 50/50 and it's suggesting he owns part of it. For example, it's asking me to fill out a whole business form for my husband, even though I said I own it 100% and under "my profile" I clicked that I was self employed (I did not click this self-employed button for my husband). How can I make it so that I am the only one who can claim the income? Or can I?

1 Reply

I own 100% of my Soulshine Foods home business and the system is splitting the income with my husband. Why? How can I make it so that the income isn't split?

The way to get around that is to enter in basic information on your husbands profile for the business.  Then on the summary page, delete the business listed for your husband.  That will reset it to be 100% in your name.